Austrian police are searching for at least one suspect after multiple gun attacks in the capital Vienna that killed four people.
17 other people were obtained wounds and that some was serious – after gunmen opened fire at 6 different locations on Monday evening.
1 attacker was shot and killed by the Austrian police occurding to the official reports.
Interior Minister Karl Nehammer held a press announcement saying the assailant killed by police as an “Islamist terrorist”.
He later told the APA news agency that the 20-year-old gunman had been released early from jail last December, eight months after he was convicted of trying to travel to Syria to join the militant Islamic State group (IS).
Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said on Wednesday it was clearly an attack driven by “hatred of our way of life, our democracy”.
Two of those who died in the shooting were women and two were men. One of the women was reportedly a waitress. The second woman died of her wounds in hospital overnight, reports said.
The victims were in a city centre area busy with people in bars and restaurants, near Vienna’s central synagogue, but it is not yet clear if that was the target.