At least three people have died and several others were injured in a knife attack inside the Notre-Dame Basilica in Nice, France.
A woman has been decapitated, and two others have been killed, during a knife attack inside the Notre Dame Basilica church in the French city of Nice.
The mayor of Nice, Christian Estrosi, tweeted that the incident is a “terrorist” attack.
Here’s what we know so far:
- At least three people, two women and a man, have been killed, including one woman who was decapitated. The man is reportedly the sexton of the church.
- Nice mayor Christian Estrosi said it was a terrorist attack, and that the “Islamo-fascist” assailant “didn’t stop shouting Allahu Akhbar even under medication” after being shot and arrested.
- The police believe the attacker, who has been named as ‘Brahim’, was acting alone.
- A suspect with a knife reportedly shouting “Allahu Akbar” has been fatally shot during an attack on police officers in Avignon.
- A Saudi citizen has also been arrested in Jeddah for stabbing a security guard outside the French consulate with “a sharp tool”.
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/29/one-dead-and-several-injured-in-knife-attack-in-nice-13498464/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/